Daniel Hunter (1771-1847), who was elected as one of Pittsburgh’s first city councilmen in 1816, lived on Water Street in Pittsburgh. Daniel was married first to Sophia (1780-1820) and later Jane (1793-1880). Daniel and Jane’s son David (1830-1920) was a longtime member of the church and, according to church history, known for his “worldwide philanthropy.” He lived at 2519 Pioneer Avenue with his wife Margaret (1825-1903) and, in 1822, was listed as a Little Saw Mill Run Railroad stockholder. After David’s death, the family gave the Rose Window in the church as his memorial.
“Until the day break
And the shadows flee away”